Premier Inn is the largest hotel group in United Kingdom with growth ambitions across Europe over the next five years. You will be a key enabler for those growth ambitions as part of an Agile team that is tasked with delivery of robust and scalable features across the breadth of Premier Inn’s digital portfolio.
As a Microservices Software Engineer, you will be part of a collaborative team, contributing to the development and improvement of Java microservices code using the Spring Boot framework within the AWS and Kubernetes environment. Your role involves translating business requirements into development tasks, collaborating with cross-functional teams, and advocating best practices related to Java microservices, Spring Boot, AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, Adobe Experience Manager CMS, and GraphQL.
Role: Software Engineer (Microservices)
Contract Type: Full-Time & Permanent
Location: Holborn working to a hybrid way of working
Why You’ll Love It Here
Bonus: Enjoy an annual Whitbread performance bonus of up to 30% of base salary
Healthcare: Individual BUPA Healthcare
Discounts: Up to 60% discount on Premier Inn stays and a regular 25% discount in our Restaurant brands
Check out all our benefits here: https://www.whitbreadcareers.com/about-us/benefits
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop high-quality Java microservices code using Spring Boot within the AWS and Kubernetes environment.
- Translate business requirements into development tasks, collaborating with architects and business analysts to design robust solutions.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, supporting engineers in improving their software development and testing skills.
- Advocate best practices related to Java microservices, Spring Boot, AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, Adobe Experience Manager CMS, and GraphQL.
- Conduct Centre of Excellence activities specific to the provided tech stack.
What we’ll need:
- Deep knowledge of Java 17, Spring Boot 3, and building Microservices (REST and GraphQL).
- Understanding of modern patterns of development, delivering quality code that is maintainable, observable, and reusable.
- Problem-solving ability, including identifying root causes and communicating remediation.
- Excellent teamworking capability with a commitment to taking ownership of the code being delivered.
- Experience developing in a cloud environment (e.g., AWS).
- Knowledge of DevOps principles, CI/CD (e.g., Jenkins, Kubernetes, Docker, etc.).
- Knowledge of event-based architectures (e.g., Kafka).
- Knowledge of hexagonal architectures.
- Experience developing Infrastructure as Code solutions.
- Experience in ecommerce for hospitality.
- Experience working with ORACLE OPERA, OHIP, APIM, or CRMs
Be part of our IT Team at Whitbread
Keeping up with new platforms and real-world technologies allows us to get closer to our audience than ever before. Our dynamic Data Platform Team are subject experts in raising the bar in the profession and at the forefront of innovation. They dive headfirst into the world of billions of data points, shaping them into insights that drive our organisation forward.
We encourage your application. Apply today or contact our recruitment team for more information.
We believe that everyone is unique and there should be no barriers to entry and no limits to ambition. We are committed to being an inclusive organisation that values diversity and welcomes your application whatever your background or situation.
Under-represented groups such as women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities & members of the LGBTQIA+ community (those who identify as lesbian, gay, bi, trans and non-binary or those who use a different LGBTQIA+ term), are strongly encouraged to build a career with us. Speak to us about workplace adjustments, part-time and flexible working. Where possible we will support this.
Job ref: 823513-2028
Advertised: 17 Nov 2023