Opera is the Oracle property management system being introduced across the Whitbread estate impacting our Premier Inn hotels, restaurants and online trading. It is a core system that will be used by our internal business teams and is critical to the daily running of services loved by millions.
We’re looking for a Service Delivery Manager to be at the centre of it all. Creating, managing and maintaining long-term healthy ‘service-provider to customer’ relationships within our hotels, restaurants and our tech team by bringing together our teams and our key service partners to ensure that our IT service is first class.
Bring your experience in IT Service Delivery, alongside good knowledge of ITIL Framework and customer focussed service management and help us to build the hotel of the future at the UK’s leading hospitality business.
Location: Whitbread Court, Dunstable, LU5 5XE. Hybrid working
Why you’ll love it here:
- Bonus: Enjoy an annual Whitbread performance incentive worth up to 30% of base salary
- Healthcare: BUPA healthcare for you and your family
- Discounts: Up to 60% discount on Premier Inn stays and 25% discount on our Restaurant brands
Check out all of our benefits here https://www.whitbreadcareers.com/about-us/benefits/
What you’ll do:
- You will be responsible for provision of service and supplier governance as well as developing, refining, and enhancing processes which support the Whitbread Data function’s varied environments.
- Accountable for the management of service performance by both internal and external service providers for Whitbread Data functions.
- You will provide robust challenge to change requests, where necessary, to ensure system stability and service availability is retained.
- Leading Post Incident Review (PIR) following major incidents relating to Data services.
What we need:
- Experience in a similar role in an IT Service environment using the ITIL framework.
- Excellent analytical, influencing and stakeholder skills.
- Business focussed on internal/ external customers, able to anticipate and respond to emerging trends.
- Must aspire to a culture of service excellence, always putting the customer, our people, and our business at the centre of everything they do.
Be a part of the Technology Team at Whitbread
Through collaboration, passion and hiring the smartest minds, our Technology team builds products and services that are used by 38,000 of us at Whitbread and millions of guests. Everything from an eCommerce website that handles £2 billion in transactions per year, applications that are scalable across our 1,200 hotel and restaurants, devices that enable our teams and guests to have a seamless experience, all whilst keeping
Data secure. Together we’re building the hotel of the future. #LI-MM1
We believe that everyone is unique and there should be no barriers to entry and no limits to ambition. We are committed to being an inclusive organisation that values diversity and welcomes your application whatever your background or situation.
Under-represented groups such as women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities & members of the LGBTQIA+ community (those who identify as lesbian, gay, bi, trans and non-binary or those who use a different LGBTQIA+ term), are strongly encouraged to build a career with us. Speak to us about workplace adjustments, part-time and flexible working. Where possible we will support this.
Job ref: 822873-1629
Advertised: 08 Nov 2023