Head of Internal Communications - Whitbread – Dunstable
Salary: C20 + £7K Car allowance + Bonus up to 40%
Here at Whitbread, we’re passionate about connecting our team of 40,000 individuals to our purpose, plan and values in the role they play, through providing engaging communications.
As Head of Internal Communications, you’ll provide trusted counsel to our Chief Executive and Chief People Officer to develop and deliver our internal communications strategy and processes to provide compelling content to engage our people in their role in delivering this plan.
Location: Based at Whitbread Court, Dunstable, LU5 5XE, with hybrid working.
What you’ll do
- Lead the internal communications for Whitbread to deepen our employee engagement through developing ongoing targeted and tailored communications aligned to our business priorities.
- Improve and modernise the employee experience of communication and accessibility, through optimising channels, regularly reviewing employee data and insight in line with opportunities.
- Work closely with other senior comms leaders and stakeholders to support business wide announcements and campaigns, ensuring our internal and external brand communications are aligned.
- Support the communications and engagement for our people processes and activities i.e., pay review, D&I, wellbeing, listening groups as a core member of the People function.
- Lead and develop Internal Comms team on day-to-day activities that make the best use of resources available for maximum impact.
- Actively keep abreast of the Group strategy, initiatives to ensure our comms plan is it for purpose.
What you’ll need
- Previous experience of developing internal comms strategies and managing employee communication having worked in similar large companies, agencies or public sector organisations with a proven track record of working collaboratively with senior peers.
- Excellent written communication skills including advanced copy writing and storytelling ability to engage and motivate a dispersed employee base.
- An exceptional communicator with the ability to build effective relationships across stakeholders at all levels of the business up to Executive team/Board level.
- You will have the ability to work within a fast-paced environment, who is also able to effectively prioritise workload and be adaptable to last minutes changes.
- You’ll be a natural leader and motivator who recognise and reward great talent, developing individuals to be the best they can.
Why you’ll love it here:
- Bonus: An annual Whitbread performance incentive worth up to 40% of base salary
- Car or Car Allowance up to £7,420
- Healthcare: Family BUPA Healthcare
- Up to 10% Matched Pension, 33 Days holiday and Company Share Save Scheme
Check out all our benefits here https://www.whitbreadcareers.com/about-us/benefits/
We believe that everyone is unique and there should be no barriers to entry and no limits to ambition. We are committed to being an inclusive organisation that values diversity and welcomes your application whatever your background or situation.
Under-represented groups such as women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities & members of the LGBTQIA+ community (those who identify as lesbian, gay, bi, trans and non-binary or those who use a different LGBTQIA+ term), are strongly encouraged to build a career with us. Speak to us about workplace adjustments, part-time and flexible working. Where possible we will support this.
Job ref: 820385-2028
Advertised: 05 Oct 2023